Where am I? HKPU pages > ELC pages > EAP pages > CILL pages > EAP Homework Pages
> This page.
On this page: Introduction | Homework Tasks | On-line Tasks | CILL Homework
- The Homework Tasks below contain more than 6 hours of
self-study. Your classroom English teacher may suggest you do some of these for homework,
or you could choose those that interest you.
- Some of the tasks listed below should be done in the Centre
for Independent Language Learning (CILL). You will need to join CILL by doing an
orientation which takes about 20 to 30 minutes when the CILL teachers will explain to you
how to use the centre effectively.
- It is a good idea to keep your work in a folder so that you can show it to your teacher
if you have any questions, and for reference if you want a CILL
attendance certificate. For this certificate you need to write a short essay detailing
what you have learned.
- Use the Common Errors web site to find and
correct errors in your writing that Hong Kong students commonly make.
- The Error Detector - copy
and paste your essay into the box and the Error Detector finds some common problems in
academic essay writing and gives you tips how to solve them.
||The Process of Composition (Study Skills, UI) Unit 4, P.70
74 Ex. 4A
Academic Writing Course (Study Skills, I) Unit 1
Academic Encounters (Study Skills, I) Unit 4, Pages 135-9, Task 2
Unit 4, Pages 163-5 & 167, Task 3
||Exploring Academic English (Study Skills, I) Unit 5
||Research Matters (Study Skills, UI) Unit 3, P.166-8 Activity
28 & 29
Academic Encounters (Study Skills, I) Unit 2, P.31-3 & 35, Task 4
- Answers are at the back of the books or in the Teachers Book
- Try using the self-correction sheet
- A teacher can help you correct your work or find more material
- UI - Upper-intermediate
- I - Intermediate
- EI - Early-intermediate
Links to other Units:
If you have any suggestions or questions, please e-mail us at
Last updated on
03 September 2003.