This page compares 2 sets of grades by searching for the student number and showing you the final grades from the
Grade Entry/AS systems.
It will highlight if the final grades are different, or missing from one.
You need electronic copies of the students' grades from the Blackbard grade centre and the Grade entry / AS system results. DO NOT ask teachers to email these: use z drive instead.
- In Blackboard -
- Copy-and-paste from the Grade Centre:
- make sure you can see all the students (if not, click 'Edit Rows Displayed' and change it to 50 [the maximum] ).
- Make sure you can see the students' names, ID numbers and final grades (if not, zoom the page by holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and rotating the mouse wheel.
- IMPORTANT - make sure the grade that you want to compare is the final (right-most) column you select).
- Press Ctrl-A on the keyboard to highlight everything, then press Ctrl-C to copy it.
- On this webpage, paste the data into the upper box.
- Use Excel:
- Go to the Grade Centre > Assessment Overall
- use 'Work Offline > Download' to get an Excel file
- from this Excel file, copy-and-paste all the data into the upper box on this webpage
- IMPORTANT - make sure the grade that you want to compare is the final (right-most) column you select.
- From the Grade entry / AS system: Copy-and-paste the table of grades from the Results sheet (use the Print button, but save the pdf page instead of printing it,
and copy from that) into the lower box on this page. IMPORTANT - this assumes the grade
that you want to compare is the final (right-most) column.
- Press the 'Submit' button
- Check the resulting table for red lines, which indicate that the final grades are different or missing.
hits since 17 January 2020.
Last updated on
20 January 2020.
If you have any suggestions or questions, please e-mail us at