CILL has a monthly theme, and for April 2001 the theme is 'Health'.
for Poster One:
1. Jo broke her leg on a ski trip.
2. Sam pulled a muscle while lifting some furniture.
3. Jenny runs every day to keep fit.
4. A bone got stuck in Lily's throat and she started choking.
5. The doctor gave John an injection to relieve the pain.
6. The child didn't cry when the nurse was dressing his wound.
Pharmacist - gives out medicine
Specialist - a doctor who is an expert in one area of medicine, for example the 'Ear, nose and throat'.
Physician - American word for doctor
Herbalist - a doctor who makes medicine from herbs
Optician - the person who tests your eyes
Surgeon - the doctor who operates on you; e.g. to remove or repair a part of your body
Midwife - helps mothers to give birth
Dentist - repairs and maintains your teeth
Pick someones brain - to get someone's detailed advice on a difficult subjectBite ones lip - to stay silent, even though you really want to say something Turn up ones toes - to die
If you have any suggestions or questions, please e-mail us at .
Last updated on: Friday, April 20, 2001.