Secondary citation is needed when you want to mention information referred to in another source.
- you read Source A, published in 2008;
- you found on p.14 information about Source B;
- you want to use this information about Source B in your academic term paper.
How do you make a secondary citation?
- Source A is a book written by Lee and Fung;
- Source B is a 2006 journal article written by McKenzie;
then your in-text secondary citation can be:
According to McKenzie (2006, cited in Lee and Fung, 2008, p.14), …
hits since 8 October 2008
Last updated: Monday, 08 March 2010
If you have any suggestions or questions, please e-mail us at .