This task is for you to practise using coherence markers to re-organise a text into the right order.
To help you, look for the following:
- definitions, which are usually near the start of the text
- paragraphs that give an overview of upcoming information
- topic sentences, followed by sentences giving supporting information
- ordering words; e.g. next, Finally
- related vocabulary; e.g. heart and love
Match the items in the boxes on the left with the items on the right:
- Click in the table cell containing the
you want to move.
- Click in the table cell where you want the item to go. The words will swap position.
- If an item is in the right position, it will have a green background and a tick.
- When all the table cells are green and have ticks, you have finished.
If you have any suggestions or questions, please e-mail us at